Sunday, March 21, 2021

Banana Snacking Cake

This recipe brings back memories of my childhood when my Mum would sometimes make something called "Snacking Cake", a boxed mix of scrummy good cake that was an occasional treat. I don't use box mixes very often in my house, occasionally the boys will make boxed brownies, but I'd much rather just make from scratch so I know all the ingredients I'm putting in our mouths. It's quick to whip this together and get it in the oven and is a nice change from regular banana bread.  I don't ice it, but you can certainly do so if you'd like!



Ingredients

1 cup white sugar
½ cup unsalted butter
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
  2. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" cake pan.
  3. Cream together the butter and the sugar.
  4. Add eggs, bananas, flour, soda, salt, nuts (if using), and vanilla.
  5. Mix thoroughly and pour batter into the prepared pan.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes.
  7. Cool before cutting into 24 squares.




No comments:

Post a Comment